How to Care For SNS Pottery
How to Care for Functional Ceramics
Step 1: What are Functional Ceramics?
- Functional Ceramics are Ceramics that can be dish-washed, microwaved and used with food and beverage on a daily basis.
- Most of Stories N’ Stoneware Ceramics fall under this category ie. Cups, mugs
Step 2: How to Care for Functional Ceramics?
- Hand Washing is the best practice, however our ceramics can be put in the dishwasher.
- Being at room temperature, before adding boiling water or microwaving.
- Sitting in cupboard next to other ceramics pieces. Please do not stack us! this can lead to chipping and cracking.
Step 3: Things Functional Ceramics Don't Like
- Oven! Please Do Not put me in the oven!
- The freezer! Please Do Not put me in the freezer!
- Stove! Please Do Not up me on the stove!
- I Do Not like being Stacked or dropped!
- I Do Not like sitting in water in sink or while not in use.
How to Care for Semi-Functional Ceramics
Step 1: What are Semi-Functional Ceramics
- Semi- functional Ceramics are pieces that you can use for food and beverages,
- But they need a little more extra care than typical functional ceramics such as hand washing.
- Examples of Semi- functional pieces are wooden stem chalices, mugs with gold, silver or mother of peal luster.
Step 2: How to Care for Semi- Functional Ceramics
- All Stories N’ Stoneware Pieces come with a care sheet included in the package.
- Please follow the care sheet that came with the piece, for specifics of care for your Semi- Functional piece.
- Most Semi- Functional pieces will require hand washing and not be microwavable.
- Please consider this when purchasing a piece
How to Care for Non-Functional Ceramics
Step 1: What is Non-Functional Ceramics
- Non-Functional is any piece that cannot be used for food or beverages and is strictly for “Decoration Only”
- This Includes but is not limited to:
- Raku Fired Vessels
- Horsehair Fired Vessels
- Any unglazed pieces
Step 2: Caring for Non-Functional Pieces
- The Pieces are sealed to protect color, and raku effects but they are not water tight.
- Do not soak or run under water.
- Use cloth to wipe away dust only.
- Keep away from any rooms with high traffic or chance for spills or breakage ie. kitchen, bathroom
- If it gets a spill, use slightly damp rag to gently clean off spill.
- They are ceramic and very fragile (because they have not been fully fired) So keep in a safe place.